The PyConZA 2014 sprints are over. They took place on and at:
- Dates: 4 & 5 October 2014
- Time: 9am until 11pm
- Venue: JoziHub (at 44 Stanley in Milpark)
What was sprinted on
- Added support for Django 1.7 (#65)
- Removed old invoices and conference registration (#69)
- Put dependencies into setup.py (#70)
- Added permissions groups for talk reviewers and page editors (#75, #77)
- Allow inline editing of pages (#76)
pygame-cffi is a cffi based wrapper of SDL duplicating the pygame API.
- Added support for the chop and rotozoom transforms (#4)
- Making pygame-cffi conformance tests work on Mac OS X (#211)
MathML to gif/png:
Ideally the output of this sprint would be a pip installable python module that can convert MathML to images. Lets do this!
- Complete solution developed as an HTTP API (mathml-to-image-service).
DebConf16 Cape Town bid:
There's an IRC meeting for the DebConf bid team at 15:00 on Saturday. So those of us here might crowd together for that.
- IRC meeting attended.
- Poll done to rank venues in order or preference.
- Arrangements made to visit the popular venues on Monday and Tuesday.
Migrating the Debian Python teams to git:
The Debian Python Modules Team has 750 odd packages in SVN. We need to build tooling to migrate these repositories to git, in a sane format, with history. The scope is infinite, but we can spend some time picking away at it.
- Created dpmt-migration and made a lot of progress.
Genderiser is a program which makes it easier for writers to switch the genders of characters within large bodies of English-language text.
- Added docx support.
- Added odt support.
- Started docs.
- Added tests.
See 050b477::fd3427 for commits.
OpenStack Python 3 support:
Some OpenStack dependencies need porting to Python 3.
- Worked on porting python-memcached to Python 3.
Debian packaging helpdesk:
There are a handful of Debian people around to help people find an in to the proj ect.
- Lots of key-signing happened.